Sunday, August 8, 2010

Showered With Ideas

My cousin Alesia's baby shower is scheduled for September 25th, which gives me exactly 41 days to work on all the creative aspects of the party. I am super excited to be working on this party because it is unlike all the other showers I have done, it's Dr. Seuss! As a reading teacher I hold a special place in my heart for the author and the his characters.  I have several decorating ideas in mind including traditional things such as a diaper cake adorned with nothing but character apparel and of course a cake, but the cake happens to be the scariest part of all the planning!!! Ahhhh! I love baking and I have made some pretty delicious cakes but usually on days when I am bored and no pressure is put on me as to what the finally product looks or taste like. Let along have it as the main dessert of a party. The cake I will be duplicating is the one pictured below with a couple of changes, in other words I will be making my version of this cake.


So for the next couple of weeks I will be testing several different recipes and working on duplicating this amazing  Dr. Seuss cake that I have promised Alesia. I know I am just a paranoid perfectionist because if my cakes weren't tasty and amazing Alesia would not want to serve them to her guests. I will keep this blog posted with my cake and decoration updates and all my paranoias.  

No comments:

Post a Comment